700c Velocity A23 Pro Wheelset
The manufacturer says, "The A23 Pro build partners Velocity's newly designed proprietary race hubs with their A23 rims. An oversized drive flange on the rear hub provide incredible spoke tension, optimizing power transfer and increasing lateral stiffness, strength, and reliability. Using a 23mm wide tyre with the A23, you achieve tubular ride qualities while retaining the convenience of a clincher. Increased cornering abilities at high speeds without sacrificing rolling resistance makes A23 wheelsets THE set for crits, road races, and cyclocross."
Our gran says it sounds like a different language to her. But then again, she's not a cyclist. If you understand it, then you'll know these are great wheels...
- Hubs: Race Front and Rear
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Nipples: Alloy
- Lacing Pattern: 20 spoke 0X Front / 24 spoke 0X non drive, 2X drive Rear
- Weight: 635g Front / 840g Rear
- Rim Size: 700c
- Width: 23mm
- Height: 19.5mm
- Tyre Interface: Clincher / Tubeless (conversion kit required)
- Valve: Presta 32 - 40mm
- Bead Seat Diameter (BSD): 622
- Effective Rim Diameter (ERD): 601
- Note: Tight tolerances require the use of a low profile rim tape like Velotape to avoid tire installation issues. Veloplugs are not recommended on A23 rims.